On March 3, 2012 What’sIn Her Closet had the privilege of attending the “Simply Stylist” event atthe W Hotel. It was quite a joyful experience! We were able to meet with risingdesigners who had impeccable style. Here we have posted our favorite productsand clothing we purchased from the event!
Rent the Runway is a great website, which gives gals like us the opportunity to rent fashionable outfits without the hassle of investing permanently on clothing!
We bought these comfortable tops from Groceries Apparel, which pioneer organic and chemical free ingredients into their clothing based on the art districts!
We met a rising catalyst to the fashion world named Melissa who introduced us to her website called, The General Store. The website offers modern vintage clothing at a valuable price. We also got these makeup shadows, which we can put anywhere on our body as a bracelet, headband, etc.We found it easier to use a brush, add water, then swipe. We have yet to show you gals how it looks! It's pretty cool and it lasts quite a long time.
We got this amazing mud mask called Glam Glow, which is absolutely amazing and refreshing! We put the mask on for 10 minutes, and our skin is positively radiant after wash. We highly recommend this product especially if you're looking for a mud mask to smooth your skin!
With our goodie bag, we received a $20 Jewel Mint card! We haven't purchased anything yet, but the website has beautiful jewelry pieces to choose from. In addition, the site is set up to recommend pieces that fit with your own personal style based on a series of questions about your style personality.
Happy New Years! We hope you lovely gals have a fun filled celebration! This is the one time of the year where wearing sparkly dresses and accessories can never be too much. As Rhianna puts it, Shine bright like a diamond!"
Here are a few New Year's looks we created from our closet.
Dress: Foreign Exchange
Dress: Forever 21
As we approach the holidays this 2012 year, some of us mayfind ourselves baffled on what to wear! There are so many trends, which areconstantly changing – we can’t keep up sometimes! However, don’t let thatconcept intimidate you. Pick a trend and rock it! We thought we’d share some tips we recommend fordressing this festive season!
DRESS TO IMPRESS. How often can us gals get dolled up? MakeChristmas or New Year’s an excuse! Buythat dress or outfit that might be a little out there and become a “belle ofthe ball”!
DRESS FOR YOUR BODY TYPE. Just because you see pictures or clotheson mannequins, doesn’t necessarily mean it will transcend well on our bodytypes. We recommend trying it on first! Online shopping can be sketchysometimes, so go into stores to try it on!
GIVE IT A CHANCE. Some clothing pieces might look weird onthe hanger, but we recommend to give it a try. Everyone has different body types and the key is toknowing what styles look good on you. It's all about trial and error!
HOLIDAY COUPONS. Make sure to look out for coupons or couponcodes to buying holiday outfits. There are so many sales out there and somestores are blowing out buy one get one free. For instance, Foreign Exchange ishaving BOGO sales in store right now!
SPARKLE, METALLICS, AND SHIMMER. We absolutely love to wear sequins this time of the year. However, one obsessionwe love are metallic pieces! Whether it’s metallic sweaters or shoes, we can’tget enough!
We hope you gals find the right outfit for Christmas and New Year’s! Happy Holidays! Here are some looks we created from our closet!
Peplum Blouse: Forever 21
Sweater: Cotton On
Skirt: Pinks Clothing Boutique
Mixed prints can be a fashion challenge this season, but don’t let the concept intimidate you! Many fashion designers have sent their models down the runway with an assortment of prints, and we love the idea! Even certain celebs such as Kristin Cavillari or Rachel Bilson have donned the mixed prints trend. Be confident and rock the varied print look!
- Colors: Stay within the same color family such as neutrals or similar color hues.
- Scales: Try pairing dainty prints with bold, larger ones. In addition, try pairing dense prints with those more spaced out.
- Basics: Use a solid piece to help break up patterns for a clean, chic look.
- Contrasts: Geometric and edgy prints work well with softer prints.
- Easy Styles:
- Soft stripes paired with floral
- Nautical stripes paired with polka dot
- Color block pieces paired with abstract prints
Plaid Shirt: American Eagle
T-Shirt: Forever 21
Boots: Q Store
Striped Cardigan: JC Penny
Floral Blouse: CottonOn
Boots: Go Jane
Is less considered more when it comes to wearing the sheer fashion trend? Sheer materials consist of airy or transparent fabric or most commonly, chiffon. Many gals are becoming more determined and daring when it comes to showing more skin! However, some people don’t know how to rock this trend. The key is to be tasteful in how much skin to show! Here are some quick tips!
- LAYER . Sheer tops are great for summer, but as transition into fall, you can always dress it up or make it classy by wearing a blazer, jacket, vest, or cardigan! It’s all about playing with different layers and seeing what fits your body type!
- TANK, CAMISOLE, OR TUBE TOP. Mix a sheer top with a tank top beneath. We recommend with sticking to the color of your sheer top. For instance, if you have a black sheer top, wear a black tank top. Other colors might be distracting and even take away from your sheer top.
- SIMPLE TOPS WITH SHEER BOTTOMS. If you have a sheer skirt, it’s best to pair it with tops that are not too loud and won’t take away from your sheer bottom.
- ACCESSORIES. You want to show off the breezy material, so make sure to keep the accessories basic.